Saturday 25 May 2013

Initial Layout ideas

Essay printed and ready to hand in - woo! So now I can start working on my artist studio layout (I've found I absolutely adore layout - particularly the thumbnailing and concept-y stuff so far).

So here are some pages from my Moleskine exploring several initial ideas after being given the brief :-)

A Frankenstein-esque castle, totally the wrong colour palette for what I was going for with this idea. these objects we supposed to be in extreme perspective, but I like to think my perspective improves tenfold as I draw and re-draw my ideas..


More dark castle type ideas, working on perspective slightly better in this one, definitely happier with the choice of colours.


A less concise and focused page from my sketchbook, I was toying with the idea of creating Roger's attic room from Disney's 101 Dalmatians, but I just wasn't feeling it too much. I hate that pink - hideously out of place.


An industrial  kitchen - This idea was one I really loved, figuring out how to mix golds and bronzes was a lot of fun, but I ended up getting bogged down with how much I wanted to base it off a French kitchen - I didn't want to just recreate a copy of a kitchen from Pixar's Ratatouille. Definitely going to keep it as an idea to explore more when I find the time over the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment